- What is Homa Organic Farming?
- Why Homa Organic Farming?
- Farmers' Testimonies
- Resonance Point
- Pests and Diseases
- Soil and Water
- Climate Engineering
- The Farmer's Friends
- Scientific Validation
- Homa Organic Farms
- Noah’s Ark Project
Abhay Mutalik Desai - Sugarcane
Submitted by bruce on Mon, 06/06/2011 - 14:04
Village: Sutagatti, District: Belgaum,
- In June 2005, our sugar cane was attacked by woolly aphid.
- Attack resulted from use of impure ghee for Homas.
- Attack was immediately controlled after replacing the faulty batch of ghee.
- Two natural predators called Micromus igorotus and Dipha aphidivora, came automatically and controlled the infestation.
- Interestingly, the predators started from the area where the woolly aphid had first appeared.
- Now we have a lush, green, healthy sugar cane in our 20 acres farm and also in the neighboring farms.