22 year-old Homa Farm
“We can look back on 22 years of experience on the Homa Farm Heiligenberg. In an area of 20 hectares, 8 ha are used for agriculture, which are managed with great success. The results are convincing.”
- The Homa grown vegetables taste far better than conventional organic vegetables.
- They have much more resistance to pests and drought (spectacular observations regarding the potato bug, powdery mildew, lack of water, low maintenance, tree diseases).
- The Homa vegetables are exceptionally big considering the altitude of our location (about 730 m above sea level) and the short growing season (from early May, sometimes in mid-April until late October). The climate is rather harsh and not quite optimal for large scale vegetable farming without using a poly tunnel or greenhouse.
- We have hardly any problem with plant diseases. If a problem emerges, due to wet and cold weather, we are able to hold it in its limits applying the Agnihotra ash water spray.
- Snails find their places among the lettuce heads, without eating the lettuce heads and the healthy leaves.
- A very striking observation was that the structure of the veggies in Homa farming obviously changes. The structure is more harmonic and pronounced.
- Taste, size, color, scent, smell of the Homa vegetables and fruits are incomparable.”