Village: Sutagatti, District: Belgaum,
- In June 2005, our sugar cane was attacked by woolly aphid.
- Attack resulted from use of impure ghee for Homas.
- Attack was immediately controlled after replacing the faulty batch of ghee.
- Two natural predators called Micromus igorotus and Dipha aphidivora, came automatically and controlled the infestation.
- Interestingly, the predators started from the area where the woolly aphid had first appeared.
- Now we have a lush, green, healthy sugar cane in our 20 acres farm and also in the neighboring farms.